Please see a message from the Parish Council concerning the upcoming Volunteer Weekend on the 27th May 2017 below:
With the Volunteer weekend getting closer, I would like to share what are the plans and what equipment we need.
We are meeting at 10.00 on 27th May at the bridge on Bury Road, just up from the village sign. If the weather is poor we may need to move to later in the day or the Sunday.
Jobs to complete
- Rub down, wash and paint railings – so come prepared for painting.
- Paint village sign post
- Seal tiles at base of sign
- Create path to where bench and info board will be positioned in the Packhorse Garden
- Strim area and cut back trees/ bushes to create open space in Packhorse Garden
- Plant wild flowers?
- Bird Table?
- Clean bridge brickwork?
I have collected some materials – trays, brushes, wire wool, strimmer ( from Henry), and have all the paint we need.
In preparation please
- Have a look at the area and help decide what we want.
- Bring a few tools
New volunteers welcome on the day, or contact Malcolm on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also don’t forget:
History and Flower exhibition on June 24th/25th – looking for volunteers still for flower arranging. New Edition of History of Kentford booklet available at exhibition (price £5.00).
Malcolm Baker (Chairman, Kentford Parish Council)